Our contact details
Role: Data Processor Role: Data Processor on behalf of Data Controller (Consultant)
Name: AJC Medical Secretary Services Ltd
Director: Amanda Carter
Address: C/O Gryson House, The Grove, Pontllanfraith, Blackwood, NP12 2EQ
Phone Number: 07496 571624
The type of personal information we collect
On behalf of the data controller, we currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, insurance details, and other contact details)
• Medical information, past and present (provided by you, your GP, GDP and other medical professionals)
• Payment information (this information is never stored by us, but may be collected at the time payment is made for medical services)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, for the following reason:
• To facilitate your medical care We also receive personal information directly and indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• Your referrer (e.g. GP) – receive a referral and often previous medical information to supplement the referral
• Another medical professional (e.g. physiotherapist, consultant, hospital, clinic, Optician) – receive previous medical information to supplement a referral or provide information regarding any medical history
We use the information that you have given us in order to facilitate your medical care.
The data controller may ask that we share this information with your referrer, other medical professionals, your next of kin (if you have authorised one).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are: As a data processor we have a contractual obligation with the data controller/consultant you are seeing, to collect information regarding you and your medical history, in order to facilitate your medical care. We pass personal information on to a third party at the request of the consultant you are seeing.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Amanda Carter on 07496 571624 or email: email@example.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our software systems (including but not exclusively; DGL, Dropbox, Sync, email programs and any other digital systems which may be necessary or required by the data controller for us to process your data).
We keep electronic personal and medical information only, for a minimum of 12 years. As information we hold on you may form part of your medical history we will not routinely dispose of your information unless strictly instructed to do so.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact your consultant or Amanda Carter on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to your consultant or Amanda Carter on email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO